BOD Minutes 6/28/2021

Posted by Doug Pilcher
Posted on 7/26/2021

Board of Director’s Meeting Minutes

Monday June 28th, 2021

Attendees: Doug Pilcher, Alex Dreiling, Jim McCall, Rick Crow, Dave Dupre, Primo Rivera, Toby Silhavy, Amanda Darling, Jacques Telles, Adi Kochav Michael Hobson, Oliver Soto, Manrico Mincuzzi, Gale Vasquez

 

Lifetime Membership discussed; proposals included.

1. 5 years vs. lifetime

2. 3 years vs. lifetime

3. Minimum time as a member before achieving a lifetime membership

4. Committee formed consisting of Alex, Primo, and Michael will draft a proposal and submit it to the BOD.

 

Discussion on Worlds 2024

The requirement to possess an FAI license in order for the competitors to participate is a stumbling block for the worlds in Italy. At present no exception to this rule is available. The European RD, Manrico Mincuzzi, led a discussion where it was discovered the necessary approvals from the Italian authorities were never obtained in order to hold the Worlds in Italy for 2022  The RD for Latin America will work with Alex to investigate the possibility of holding the worlds in South America. A preliminary proposal will be available for the next BOD meeting in July.

 

Nat’s 2021.

Good attendance from pilots this year, we encountered good and bad weather.

We needed to adjust during the contest to go to alternate sequences.

in order to avoid other flying sites with concurrent NAT'S events.

All had a great time. There are some Mike Karnes Memorial cups available from the SWAG store from the Nats.

 

Score posting/IRPS

Alex led a discussion designed to help RD’s post scores in a minimum amount of time for

the benefit of the members. This included a section on how to clear up issues that

sometimes arise.

 

IMAC/F3S

Jacques SW RD discussed how the interest level for contests has grown due to the

inclusion of F3S. Primo has done 3 contests and has had good success. Scoring is a

challenge as the scores are kept separately as well as a second set of judges for F3S.

This is a burden on the CD to find necessary individuals for these activities. Space and

noise is a consideration for this as well. In the end the BOD decided to take no action

on this at this time.

 

Treasurers report

End of June financial report

Checking: $38,639.96

PayPal: $8,317.22

Treasurers Report was presented and approved unanimously.

 

Regional Reports

NE 5 contests completed with 12-15 pilots each and Canada has had one contest so far.

SE 7 Contests held so far, including a trip to the Nats for some members 15-16 pilots per

contest.

NC Mike Karnes event was held in May with a good turnout. Nats participation was excellent.

schedule has been rearranged due to weather

SC New Houston contest is in the works.

NW 5 contests so far in the books. Working on a RC demo for the Moses Lake Airshow.

SW 7 contests so far with one cancellation, regionals in November. 2022 schedule is complete

with a clear path for the Tucson Shootout

LA Quiet due to Covid, economy is an issue with participation.

EU Contests are hoping to be held by September, Covid is an issue.

AP Michael had to leave early.

 

Motion to adjourn at 10:59pm EDT





Return