Posted by Doug Pilcher
Posted on 3/22/2022
Board of Director’s Meeting Minutes
Monday February 21st, 2022
Attendees: Doug Pilcher, Alex Dreiling, Jim McCall, Rick Crow, Jacques Telles, Adi Kochav, Brian Webb, Amanda Darling, Toby Silhavy, Michael Hobson. Oliver Soto, Manrico Mincuzzi
Absent : Dave Dupre, Primo Rivera
1. New IMAC Flyers for distribution to hobby stores and for general advertisement were voted on and approved.
2. Discussion on selling all former SWAG store items this year to close out the expense.
3. Amanda is working on the Nats, sponsorships etc. We will utilize regional Facebook pages to advertise the event. Many good sponsors have been lined up so far.
4. Australian will be joining IMAC en masse starting in the spring.
5. Discussion on the worlds 2024 and another option was brought forth to have them in Israel, Adi Kochav will investigate and report back.
6. Discussion on unsafe pilots at events and how to handle those issues.
7. Canada now requires US pilots to register with the CAA in order to fly in Canada. AMA now requires Canadian pilots to register with AMA. Discussion on how to proceed with regard to district alignments since this is now in effect. We will continue to discuss.
8. Treasurer’s report
Cash on hand
February Checking Balance – $32,964.70
February PayPal Balance- $19,014.27
Total assets - $51,978.97
9. Regional Reports
NE – N/A
SE – N/A
NC –Schedule is coming together. Will be working in sessions for beginners judging. Basic is exploding.
NW – Schedule for next year is done. Trying to outreach to new venues
EU – Germany will be joining IMAC this year and registering contests.
SC –Calendar set for this year. Judging school online is coming in March. Membership is increasing.
SW- Calendar for next year is worked out. Judging school just finished, and we have a new venue in St. George, UT
AP – My regional report is basically status quo. Renewal of membership is the main thing and that all on track to happen in the next couple of weeks.
LA – First contests of the year are just around the corner for IMAC Mexico and IMAC Argentina. This weekend we had our 2nd boot contest with a turnout of 8 pilots of which 4 are new to the sport.
There are several others scheduled so we hope to grow the turn out each time. I have 2 sponsors now. One will provide the nitro for small planes during the contests and the other one will hand gifts and souvenirs. We created a mini website to spread the spirit of the boot contests.