Welcome to the 2020 Clovis Area Modelers 1st annual RC IMAC – “Kings Canyon Avalanche” Challenge (September 24-27, 2020)
THE FIELD VENUE and CAMPING and DIRECTIONS
Peg field has a re-surfaced 700’ runway with an overall length of 3,000’ with the sun mostly at your back as the pits face north. The Pit Tarmac is 100' wide with limited shading. The field provides adequate room for RV/Trailer parking and overnight camping (dry camping only).
More Info and directions go to: https://clovisrc.club/flying-fields/
The field will be open for IMAC practice starting on Friday at 8am. With the Pilots Meeting to be held Saturday at 8:30AM.
THE COMPETITION & FEES
Entry fee: $40 for IMAC members, $60 for Non IMAC members. First time pilots are free.
Freestyle competition Saturday afternoon (model aviation spectators are invited); Basic, Sportsman, Intermediate Advanced and Unlimited competing Saturday and Sunday
AN INTRO TO AEROBATIC IMAC COMPETITION
Any AMA R/C Pilot who would like to try aerobatic (pattern) competition but who has never flown in a contest before should come out Thursday at 4PM and attend our 1-2 hour IMAC orientation (where we will cover, flying etiquette, maneuvers, sequences, scoring, points, k-factors, the box, turn-arounds, callers, and scribing). Then, learn and practice the BASIC sequence. Then, on Saturday at 8AM, sign up at the field where you will be assisted by the Contest Director and other experienced IMAC Veteran pilots on what to do. You will have the opportunity to fly our INTRO/BASIC sequence in the Contest for the first time for FREE. For an Intro on IMAC and planes recommended, go to : http://www.flyingtigers.ca/PDF/SA_Intro.pdf
- Concessions and/or lunch will be offered for Saturday and Sunday
- Contest Director: Conrad Nerdahl (559-289-5468)
- Co-Contest Coordinator: Morris Fruit (559-259-2058)
- Hosting Club website: https://clovisrc.club/
RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT FOR INTRO/BEGINNER
As for aircraft; bring what you have now, Fixed Wing - Gas/Glow or Electric and join the fun and take advantage of this opportunity to join our IMAC family. The recommended sizes for planes to compete with at the INTRO/BASIC Level are:
- Any Low Wing Electric Aerobatic 1.1meter/42” w/s; (a Sukhoi, Extra, Edge, Visionaire etc.)
- Any Low Wing Aerobatic .40 -.60 size model - w/s from ~48”–60” (Ugly Stiks/EasySport OK!)
- Any LW Aerobatic 1.20 + size model with w/s ~ 60”– 80”, weight under 12 lbs.
- Any LW Aerobatic 25cc –50cc with w/s ~ 80”–90”, weight under 20 lbs
1751 S Alta Ave, Reedley, CA 93654, Reedley, California, United States