GPS 31.731569, -106.134238
Region Trophy Points Winners based on “Bennett” style race will go home with Winning Region!
Pilot registration begins 8:00 am Saturday morning on April 28th Pilots meeting 9:00 am.Sunday 29th 9 AM start
Entry fee = $40.00
Non-IMAC = $50.00
First Contest Basic pilots fly for free.
Fee includes regestered Pilot lunch on Saturday, and
Donuts for breakfast Saturday and
Saturday Night BBQ might happen if there's enough interest and there's a grill on-site if needed.
Horizon City , Texas
Field opens Friday 10AM for practice. We will Open the Field On Thursday 4-26 for early arrivals if needed.
Prize Raffles Will Be Updated
Food and Drinks Available.
No potable water. No septic tank.
There's is a port-o-potty on site.
RV’s welcome. No Hock Up's.
Electrical Outlets available for charging.
Kids welcome. Spectator’s FREE entry.
Email Dan Powell Texas ARD if interested in this free Bootcamp!
Location: Alternate Field
15061 Margaret Jean Dr.
El Paso, Texas 79938
On Friday April 27th we will also be offering a "Basic Bootcamp" for any and all interested new pilots.
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
1) On the ground instruction.
2) Plane and Radio setups ideal for IMAC and Scale Aerobatics.
3) A walk thru of the Basic Class Known Sequence.
4) Q&A period. What are the Judges Looking at and for?
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
1) Flying with a skilled Caller and a Judge(s) discussion after flights. Offering of advice and techniques to acclimate you to points of improvement to your flying skills. What to expect on Contest Weekend. Additional adjustments to plane and radio settings to "Dial In" your setup.
As Per Rule 4.3 There shall be no airborne devices fitted to the aircraft which place the aircraft under less than total control by the pilot. These devices will include, but are not limited to, gyros, automatic pilots, electronic stabilization, and timing devices. Non-airborne aids such as transmitter based functions are permissible. Pilots found to be using prohibited devices will be disqualified from the contest.
N. Ascencion St, Horizon City, Texas, United States